May 31, 2011

Jumping Back In (with two feet)

A year and a half ago I stepped back from blogging under my real name. I’d had a bit of a run-in with a mean-spirited commenter and it felt safer to use a different name for a while. Now I’m ready to re-claim my blog and worry less about what someone with too much time on their hands might say or think. So, here I am -  my name is Deirdre and this is my blog. At least for a while.
A couple posts ago I wrote there are changes coming this way, but it might take a while to get there. There’s a new blog in the works, one that’s truer to my ideals and goals. It’s been a journey, this blogging, and each time I think I’ve found the right format for my voice I grow and stretch and discover new tools. Someone (I don’t remember who) described blogging as “a living book” – I like that; it gives a bit of weight to what bloggers hope to achieve when we sit down to put our thoughts and images out into the world. A blog adjusts and shapes itself alongside life if we let it. It can draw a community together; people who haven’t met, who may never meet, find common ground and camaraderie. We share ideas and solutions, laughter and tears, recipes, tips, pictures. And friendship, that’s the best of all.
Until the new blog is ready to unveil I’ll keep posting here. I'm still making notes and editing photographs for the new place. It's going to be pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back. I've known a couple of bloggers who have had similar problems. I can't wait to see your new place.
Bella