- Painting the downstairs ceilings – a huge project.
- Choosing a color for the kitchen walls.
- Deep cleaning one room at a time.
- Picking almost 12 pounds of cherry-sized plums.
Making and canning the following crazy delicious things:
- Cherries in Wine
- Brandied Cherries
- Plum Jam (51 jars!)
- Blackberry Jam
- Trying to figure out if a reduction of zinfandel, cherries, cocoa powder and a few other ingredients is safe for canning, because, omigod, if it is, everyone on my Christmas list is going to looove me.
- Harvesting basil, making and freezing pesto.
- Harvesting lavender and hanging it to dry.
- Oh, and working full time.
Today we’re hanging out at home, resting, catching our breath, letting life slow down for a while. And remembering why I love living in this amazing, frustrating, busy, beautiful country of ours.